TenJewel
{profile}

»Name:Lisa Cahill
»Label:TenJewel Collection / Kituchi
»Gender:Female
»Age:23
»DOB:14/03/1984
»Location:Ireland
»Blogger:23/02/07
»Full Profile

Linkage

Etsy Store Beads Website DeviantArt Wists Stylefeeder Trunkt Flickr Smidge Moo 10kVillages FreeRice

Previous
{posts}

Photographing your work for etsy
Whoohoo!
My interview with Spare Time Satchels!
Blog Make-over, Deviant Art and Earring Madness!
New Items & This Years Debutante Ball
My interview with Bottledupdesigns!
Featured Etsy Artist Interviews
Look what I found
Linking Your Website back to Etsy & New for Kituchi
Briolette Earrings


February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008


SUBSCRIBE

News
{updates}
Check out my Etsy shop/s for the latest update on whats for sale.

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org



[subscribe here]
Feed (",)

Friday, August 3, 2007

It's that time again! This weeks interview is with Shannon & Jess of CraftasticDesigns. Please visit thier shop, they have amazing products in a range of categories so you'll be bound to find something whether your looking for jewelry, original artwork, home decor, something for your baby or something for your pet!



....................


Tell us a bit about yourself. What are your name, label, location, & whatnot?


Our store is named Craftastic Designs. It is run by Shannon & Jess. We have been friends since kindergarten. We are located in Somerset and Fall River, Massachusetts.



When did you start crafting?
(Shann) I've been interested in creating art since I was a little girl. Before I can remember.



(Jess) I always loved painting and doing crafts but I didn't get seriously into making jewelry until about 3 years ago after I hurt my back.



Describe your craft in one word:
(Shann) I would have to say "practical" Many of my items are used in everyday life.



(Jess) "STYLISH" I want my jewelry to make people feel good and look good when they wear it, and I want my paintings, vases and candle holders to look good in peoples homes. I don't sell anything I wouldn't want for myself.



Explain your craft, what drives you and your inspirations:
(Shann) I focus mainly on sewing and quilting. I love getting new fabrics and imagining what I can create out of it! I am definitely inspired by colors and patterns in the fabrics I choose.

(Jess) I paint, make jewelry, and make decoupage vases. Usually I am inspired by colors or if I have a certain pendant for a necklace I take my inspiration from that. When I paint I am inspired by the mood I am in.



What makes you different than other sellers?
(Shann) We have such a unique collection of items.


(Jess) What she said lol!



Have you had anyone that you consider to be a mentor? Tell us about them.
(Shann) My dad is very artistic. I used to love watching him draw me things when I was younger. He always encouraged me to fulfill my creative side.



(Jess) My high school art teachers taught me so much. I don't think I would be able to do what I do without them.

Do you have a favourite product or a signature piece? Show us.
(Shann) This is my favorite. It is my first quilt and I am really proud of it!http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6438915 also these seem to be a hit on Etsy and Craft fairs: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6413376



(Jess) This painting is my favorite I put a lot of emotion into my paintings so I get pretty attached to them http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6290757



If you had one piece of advice for someone just starting out, what would it be?
(Shann) Make sure that you really enjoy your craft! Don't do it just to make money. Express yourself and show it off to the world!

(Jess) Wow Shann how can I beat that lol. I would just suggest that you do as many craft fairs as you can to get yourself out there. If you have a bad experience at one craft fair don't give up it just might be the wrong crowd for what you are selling.



Where do you see yourself going with your craft in the future?


(Shann) I would love to have my own baby boutique. I've wanted to do that since I was a teenager.

(Jess) I would like to do more custom jobs for weddings and stuff I recently did one for the first time and I loved it. I would also like to have a little art gallery or a craft store.



Don’t forget to tell us where we can buy your work:
http://www.craftasticdesigns.etsy.com/



Fancy Feline catnip toy set

Pretty Kitty Bib and Burp Cloth Set

Magenta Leaf Candle Holder

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


posted @ 2:51 AM
0 comments