TenJewel
{profile}

»Name:Lisa Cahill
»Label:TenJewel Collection / Kituchi
»Gender:Female
»Age:23
»DOB:14/03/1984
»Location:Ireland
»Blogger:23/02/07
»Full Profile

Linkage

Etsy Store Beads Website DeviantArt Wists Stylefeeder Trunkt Flickr Smidge Moo 10kVillages FreeRice

Previous
{posts}

Blog Make-over, Deviant Art and Earring Madness!
New Items & This Years Debutante Ball
My interview with Bottledupdesigns!
Featured Etsy Artist Interviews
Look what I found
Linking Your Website back to Etsy & New for Kituchi
Briolette Earrings
Grilled Cheese
Etsy Newbie Guide
New for Kituchi


February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008


SUBSCRIBE

News
{updates}
Check out my Etsy shop/s for the latest update on whats for sale.

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org



[subscribe here]
Feed (",)

Friday, July 27, 2007

Yay! another great Etsyian, another great interview!


Tell us a bit about yourself. What are your name, label, location, & whatnot?
My name is Sharon Lipps and I live in the Raleigh NC area. I am a full time working mom, with a wonderful husband and two beautiful little boys (2 ½ and 1 ½). I started knitting as a way to relax in the evenings, I started with baby blankets and moved on to other projects that did not take quite so long and I enjoyed doing it. I originally made a purse for my niece. I enjoyed doing it so much I made another one then another one and so on. I loved how they turned out so I decided to see if they would sell, plus I had a number of people say how great they looked. Therefore, Spare Time Satchels was born!!!


When did you start crafting?

I started crafting (knitting) in 2003. Primarily as something to keep my hands occupied to stop smoking!!! I do have knitting in the blood though!! Both grandmothers and my mother all knit and I originally learned from them about the age of 7 or so.


Describe your craft in one word:

RELAXING!!!!


Explain your craft, what drives you and your inspirations:

Primarily my craft is my SANITY!!! With two boys, born within a year, you need something for that!!!!…LOL… I just enjoy making beautiful things. Also, my purses are very unique and I like the fact they are highly functional, washable and different than those you can find anywhere.


What makes you different than other sellers?
I feel my purses are different than most purse makers just for the fact they are all unique!!! Sure, I can follow a pattern but they will all be handmade, handcrafted and especially with felting a purse no two will EVER be the same. Felting is a process which definitely makes each purse unique.Have you had anyone that you consider to be a mentor? Tell us about them.
As far as a mentor goes, that would be both of my grandmothers. I remember vividly as a child both of them just knitting, knitting and knitting. They made so many extraordinary things such as, mittens, hats scarves, sweaters, Christmas ornaments, dolls, doilies etc….


If you had one piece of advice for someone just starting out, what would it be?
Enjoy what you do would be my best piece of advice.


Where do you see yourself going with your craft in the future?
In the future I would just like to continue making great purses!! I would eventually like to do more patterns in them but hey…I am relatively new at this as well and I am constantly learning new things.


Don’t forget to tell us where we can buy your work:
You can see what I make, you can purchase a purse, bag, wristlet or pouches on my website at www.sparetimesatchels.com (this links right to my ETSY website). I will also be very happy to custom make one for you, just let me know what you want and I will do it.

Some fabulous items from Spare Time Satchels……


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


posted @ 3:57 AM
2 comments